Sunday, December 12, 2004

LB2004 - Experiences

Well, now that I've gotten my project setup out of the way, let me get to the point - I'm back from Linux-Bangalore 2004 on 4th and I enjoyed it immensely. Well, it certainly didn't have last years novelty and excitement, but all in all, as worthwhile trip.

I met up with Azri dudes - they are as fun as ever. Meeting them all again, especially Harish & Mallu, was great. We went bowling to Amoeba on one of the days, and I sucked badly at it. We went to this 'PVR Mall' on the other day and it was just awesome.

Sitting in the KFC restaurant inside the mall, I felt like I'm already living in the US of A. Silly, but I felt happy sitting there. I was flabbergasted to know that the mall has 11 movie theaters in the top 2 floors. Is that awesome or what. And, the best treat of all - there was an Apple Shoppe.

We walked into the store, there were all the coolest apple stuff there - iPods, Mini-iPods, uber-cool 17-inch powerbooks, iBooks, iMacs and what not. I was amazed by the sound being pumped out of those speakers used by iMac. There were laptop backpacks too - though on the expensive side. Sigh. How I long for the day when I can have my own laptop (I have my eyes set on an IBM, but it will take time) and carry it around in a backpack. Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

Well, I have to thank my employer for letting me go on this trip. It was awesome!

No comments: