Monday, December 29, 2008

I thank...

Since the year is coming to an end, and we're all supposed to look back on all the stuff that we did and did not, let me do my share of it. While it has been a difficult year, I have to say there are plenty of things I have to be really thankful for. Since I don't believe in God, and never prayed in years, I suppose I can't thank Him. So I guess I have to thank either Mother Nature or Gods of Randomness (I do think they exist though).

Since Mother Nature can't be too pleased with me right now, coz I drive a fuel-guzzling sports bike (I plan to make amends, buy a bicycle and become a hippie this year, so please be patient, Mother Nature). So I have Gods of Randomness left. Heya, fellas. I know you guys have no special love for me, but here are the things I got through your mysterious ways, and here's my heartfelt thanks:

1. Thank you for letting me work with great clients and the chance to have exciting work. I could not have asked for better people to work with. Perhaps, they're the only people I have to thank after you, dear GoRs.

2. Thank you for the health of my family. I realize that there is no bigger fortune than that. They have always been the rock that I could lean on, no matter how many times I screwed up.

3. Thank you for letting me fail. I would not have learned all those great lessons if I won. This is a defeat I needed for me to grow into a better person. A really, really heart-felt thank you.

4. Thank you for giving me enough room to get up from the debacle. I know things could have been worse, but they weren't. I feel lucky.

5. Thank you for the new friends. There was a dark time when I thought I didn't deserve any. I'm surprised to think that forgiveness for one's own mistakes comes from unexpected places. These people helped me come back from the brink. They still do. And I'll remember the lessons too.

6. Thank you for the great cousins I have. They're more like friends to me, but they're family. Best of both worlds.

Wishing you all a very Happy, Prosperous New Year. May you be in better health than ever, may you find your soulmates and may you always stay true to yourself. Onward, ho.


No comments: