Thursday, January 13, 2005

Why I love my Job!

Actually, today is one of those days when you feel really crappy. I was trying to a simple drop down list in struts, but some how, couldn't get it to work. Not just that, it's as if a plethora of problems are hunting me down, and I was feeling pretty defensive and down.

But surprisingly, my trainee Aravinda, who I always make fun of (but I really try to teach her stuff) stood behind me and supported me through the bad patch. I know that when I'm utterly frustrated by some problem, there is a very important piece of info missing, and I'll benefit hugely from it. So I plowed on. After a lot of trial and error, and some suggestions from Aravinda, I finally got it.

And really stupid part? I had the info needed. It's just that I didn't read it properly. If you're doing struts, you will find this immensely useful:

http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=StrutsActionMapping

I looked at it after my struggle, and things became instantly clear as to why it was not working. Please, please people, RTFM before you program! :) Tomorrow, I should complete the pending stuff. Good day, people!

No comments: