Friday, November 19, 2004

A vacation... and lots more!

Hello folks!

You must be wondering, what on earth happened to this guy? Well, a lot, actually. I know I haven't blogged for a long time, but yes, there are enough things to be celebrated. One of them is too personal to be written right now, but I will write about it, when the time comes.

Finally, I went home! I got 3 days of holidays in a row due to Diwali, and I couldn't waste them. Took a leave for 4 more days and I took off to Srikakulam. Well, the place hasn't changed much, maybe a bit. After 922 km and 19 hrs of journey later, I was home, on Diwali day.

Celebrated a great diwali, for sure, and I ate lots and lots of sweets, chicken, prawns, biryani, and what not. All 5 days (I lost 2 days in travel, dammit). Were great, with feats, and 3 telugu movies in all. This really nice movie called 'Anand' (subtitle: 'manchi coffee lanti cinema') was the only one I really liked of the lot. Yes, it lived up to its claims.

Chatted a lot with parents, Siri (my sis) and visited some old family friends. And, I visited a new park there. Amazingly, there's even boating! And it was certainly decent - couldn't find the likes in Chennai (wondering why I would want to run around parks in Chennai? Take a wild, wild, guess, and that's right!).

Well, I read some great books in the meantime - "Only the paranoid survive" by Andy Grove, "Papillon" by Henri Charriere, "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt (damn funny, touching book) and am working thru "See you at the top" by Zig Ziglar. Not earthshaking, but okay.

Brought sweets back, and everybody at office is impressed by my mom's sunnundalu. Well, some surprising developments at work, and I wouldn't want to bore you with that stuff ;)

No comments: