Saturday, June 21, 2008

Atonement.

I've seen this movie recently. Beautiful, beautiful movie. Though a bit painful, because I was acutely aware of something equally painful that I've done to somebody. How wise a teacher time is. Now in retrospect, I can see how arrogant and stupid I have been. And what a superbly wrong path I have chosen to travel in. How totally wrong many things have turned out.

Though, just like the movie, there is perhaps no atonement for me here. That would be a shame, because I believe in redemption. I would like to think I will be forgiven for the mistakes I made. I guess, like everybody with a guilty conscience, I hope to show that I still care. That somehow, I can do right. Perhaps it's a silly notion. I don't think I can ever make it up for what I've done, but my friend, I screwed up. I did not know any better. Would you please forgive me?

No comments: