Saturday, February 05, 2005

A difficult decision...

Well, I had to make it. Maybe some of you might not know, I've been jammin' with a band created at Ma Foi. Mostly on weekends. I was supposed to be the lead singer, and we also started practising "Raining on Sunday" by Keith Urban.

But I have noticed that I'm lagging in my weekend coding and reading schedules. Though I loved jamming with Joe, Nitin & Sanjana, I was painfully aware of the stuff that I'm lagging on. Ofcourse, the decision's not been easy on me either. Maybe, 10 years back, the kind of life that I'm leading now would've perfectly fit me... Not anymore. There's too much to do, and weekends are way too valuable for me.

I'm skipping on parties too, and some of my friends are not at all pleased with me. I wish I could convince them that I will never forgive myself if I attend those parties at the cost of things that I love to do. After 2 hrs, I normally get restless at parties. I feel like I'm wasting time. I know it's strange, but I'm like that. Sometimes it's very painful to be called a 'party pooping boob' by friends, but I'm stubborn in so many ways. I hope they understand.

Well, I don't know what I'm searching for... But yes, I love my job, and I wouldn't give it up for anything (I just wish they paid me more). I just hope I'm doing the right thing. Yea... If it makes you happy... It' can't be that bad...

No comments: